NS MANAGER, SINGLE, ELEM
Adams 12 Five Star Schools (learn more)
THORNTON, Colorado (map)
- Job ID: 3171125
- Application Deadline: December 26, 2099
- Re-posted: September 9, 2019
- Starting Date: September 8, 2019
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
1. Schedule, supervise, direct, monitor and assist assigned personnel with cashiering, cleanup and timely and accurate preparation and serving of high quality, menu items., . Give and document performance feedback throughout the school year and completes performance evaluations appropriate for all subordinate personnel, including trainees.
2. Monitor and assure compliance with Health Department standards and department policies and procedures, including but not limited to Nutrition Services SOPs, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), employee expectations, and all applicable state and federal regulations in assigned school. . Prepare menu worksheets and ensure they are accurately completed on a daily basis.
3. Maintain reasonable inventory of supplies through accurate ordering, receiving, storage, and rotation of stock at assigned school.
4. Accurately maintain and review all kitchen budgets and financial records, including deposits, profit and loss reports, inventories, P-card procedures, Fusion reports, and other assorted forms and other reports of assigned school. Ensure compliance and reviews employees time and attendance for accuracy with payroll. Attend department meetings and satisfies department, state, and federal continuing education requirements.
5. Deliver and document orientation and on-the-job training in assigned school to all subordinate kitchen personnel, including trainees.
6. Coordinate and resolve issues with principals, school staff, parents and Nutrition Services central office. Contact parents regarding negative account balances. Assist with the Free and Reduced lunch application process. Assure confidentiality of private information.
7. Follow special dietary needs procedure and adhere to special diets as directed.
8. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High school diploma or equivalent.
? Three (3) years? experience in a large volume food service operation.
? More than two years as an Assistant Kitchen Manager preferred.
? Nutrition Services or other food service management training preferred.
? Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Valid Colorado driver?s license or ability to frequently travel among district facilities.
? Must obtain, and thereafter maintain, a department approved food safety training program within 6 months of hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer, physical examination.
? Must meet minimum national professional standards and training requirements for school nutrition professionals who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs (currently 12 hours for Kitchen Managers).
? Recommended attendance at the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) summer workshop every five years.
? Recommend membership in School Nutrition Association and Colorado School Nutrition Association.
? Recommend to attend Colorado School Nutrition Association annual conference every two years.
? Must complete the district courses ?Progressive Discipline,? and ?Classified Evaluation System? within one year of entering position.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
- Position Type: Full-time
Support Staff > Food Service
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.