SITE AIDE .375 FTE
Adams 12 Five Star Schools (learn more)
THORNTON, Colorado (map)
- Job ID: 3188349
- Application Deadline: December 26, 2099
- Re-posted: October 21, 2019
- Starting Date: October 20, 2019
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Assist site directors and or leaders to care for, supervise, guide and assist students during child care, crafts, art projects, games and other educational activities to provide developmental stimulation and meet the children?s needs. Monitor student behavior during activities, effectively handle student discipline situations and encourage and support positive behavior.
2. Assist site directors and leaders to observe the children and monitor the security of the building at all times to ensure the children?s health and safety. Distribute medicine to students as directed and provide general First Aid when needed. May provide infant and child care including diapering, cleaning and feeding as necessary or appropriate.
3. Assist with creating interesting activities that ensure participation of students.
4. Assist site directors and leaders to communicate with parents, staff, and teachers regarding child behavior or program information. Record attendance and contact parents regarding absent students.
5. Assist site directors and leaders to call parents to get authorization for an unauthorized adult to pick up the student from the program. Check identification of adult.
6. Assist site directors and leaders to open and close school building and secure school building at the end of the program by locking doors and turning off lights.
7. Assist site directors and leaders to prepare snacks and clean the activity and kitchen areas after use.
8. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Must be at least 16 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? CPR, First Aid and Universal Precautions Certifications are required within 90 days after entering position.
? May be required to complete current state required annual continuing education (presently 15 hours minimum) related to one or more of the following: child growth and development, health and safe environment, developmentally appropriate practices, guidance, family relationships, cultural and individual diversity, and professionalism.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
- Position Type: Part-time
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.