CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
Adams 12 Five Star Schools (learn more)
THORNTON, Colorado (map)
- Job ID: 3196957
- Application Deadline: December 25, 2099
- Re-posted: November 4, 2019
- Starting Date: November 3, 2019
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Coordinate and interface with a varied customer base to meet and satisfy their need through positive relationships. Provide leadership to the construction projects team and exhibit behavior consistent with district goals by demonstrating the ability to effectively manage conflict and disagreements and develop procedures and techniques for resolution.
2. Negotiate multiple deadlines and resource and budget constraints with clients, managers, consultants and contractors through proactive approaches to meet project objectives. Schedule and coordinate project team meetings.
3. Negotiate contracts for equipment and professional services using quality, quantity, specification requirements and other predetermined factors.
4. Inspect the construction and installation progress to ensure compliance with established criteria such as code, specifications and plans.
5. Create and review schedules for detailed considerations of all activities needed to be completed within the project. Control the design and construction process by measuring progress towards the goal and objectives and take corrective steps to achieve or exceed the same. Minimize ?scope creep? by identifying a clear project scope and budget and adhering to the approved program.
6. Insure throughout design, bidding and construction that quality is not compromised at any point within the process. Champion adequate avenues for quality assurance at each point necessary within the project for a high performing facility.
7. Prepare reports required by management to draw comparisons between work expended and plan, to review project milestones and to provide project projections with customers and management for decision making purposes.
8. Establish and manage project budgets through cost estimating relationships with contracted engineers, historical costs, estimating manuals and contractor bids and proposals. Monitor budget cost control through established policies, procedures and techniques to measure resources consumed, project status and milestones and compare measurements to projections. Review and authorize payments from project accounts.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Bachelor?s degree with a major in project or construction management, business administration or related field.
? Three (3) years of experience required in project or construction management. Seven (7) years preferred.
? At least one year of experience with scheduling software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Valid Colorado driver?s license and qualified to drive district owned vehicles.
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to frequently travel among district facilities and into the community.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
? On a project-by-project basis, may be solely responsible for, participate in or make recommendations related to developing, administering, monitoring, coordinating and initiating requisitions for project budgets and integrating the budget into the overall district budget.
- Position Type: Full-time
Administrator > Facilities
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.