Adams 12 Five Star Schools (learn more)
THORNTON, Colorado (map)
- Job ID: 3208712
- Application Deadline: December 25, 2099
- Re-posted: December 16, 2019
- Starting Date: December 15, 2019
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Construct, erect, install, relocate, remove and/or repair district buildings, equipment and furnishings. Specific duties include repairing walls including masonry, tile, siding, drywall, basketball motors, bleachers, mat hoist and various coverings; doors; flooring, cabinetry, countertops, shelving, glazing and casework. Repair and maintain gymnasiums and equipment, lockers, ramps, stairs, and other district equipment. Repair and maintain specialty items such as suspended ceilings and operable/moveable walls.
2. Perform preventative maintenance to buildings and their equipment and furnishings.
3. Provide estimates on materials and labor for small remodel projects. Perform walk through inspections of new construction and renovation projects in tandem with Construction and Facilities Development (CFD) staff. Work with CFD in the design stage of new projects to address carpentry concerns. Provide assistance to other employees as needed; oversee subcontracted technician to ensure proper quality;
4. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? High School Diploma or equivalent.
? Vocational school or short term courses in general construction preferred.
? Minimum of three (3) years of experience in rough and finish carpentry, cabinetry, flooring and drywall.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
? Valid Colorado driver?s license.
? Successful completion of Colorado Department of Agriculture?s Basic Pesticide online training required within 6 months of hire.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.