KIDS:PLUS TEMP/PROB GROUP LEADER
Cabarrus County Schools (learn more)
Concord, NC (map)
Looking to become a licensed teacher in North Carolina? Our friends at TeachNC offer free tools and resources for future teachers like you. Click here to learn more!
- Job ID: 3236815
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted: October 22, 2020
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
General Definition of Work
Provides supervised enrichment education and recreational activities suitable for school-age children in a licensed childcare center
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Holds an NC Dept. of Health and Human Services – Child Care Criminal Background Check and Qualification letter (renew prior to expiration; every 3 years)
- Must have or willing to obtain:
- 9 hours of orientation within 6 weeks of hire
- CPR and First Aid within 3 months of hire (renew prior to expiration; every two years)
- Basic School-Age Care certificate within 3 months of hire
- Maintain Health & Safety Training and minimum number of yearly on-going training hours, as required by the NCDCDEE
- Demonstrate a pleasant disposition, patience, flexibility, and genuine love for children
- Demonstrate punctuality and reliability regarding attendance
Pay Grade 51, $12.11/hour
KIDS:PLUS Afterschool Site Director, KIDS:PLUS Assistant Director and KIDS:PLUS Director
- Opens and prepares the center for daily activities and programs.
- Responsible for the visual supervision of and the interaction with specific groups of children.
- Contributes to an environment that ensures the physical safety of all children.
- Contributes to an environment that meets the developmental needs of children at various ages.
- Contributes to an environment that accommodates the individual needs of children for rest, relaxation, physical activity, social interaction and/or study.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of weekly activity plans.
- Facilitates communication between the site and parents.
- Leads group time, discussions and activities.
- Maintains compliance with all child care rules, regulations in addition to all CCS and KIDS:PLUS policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of the practices, methods and techniques used in early childhood education and childcare.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to accept and follow direction of the Site Director.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Ability to maintain files and information to compile reports.
- Ability to operate standard program, classroom and instructional equipment and related hardware and software.
- Ability to learn specialized software related to business need.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, students and parents.
- Requires the regular exertion of up to 25 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force.
- Regularly requires standing, walking, speaking, hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Frequently requires reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions.
- Occasionally requires sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, tasting, smelling, pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception, color perception, night vision and peripheral vision.
- Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word and conveying detailed or important instructions to others accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels and to receive detailed information through oral communications and/or to make fine distinctions in sound.
- Requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
- Occasionally requires visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts.
- Requires use of measuring devices.
- Must be able to operate machines, motor vehicles or equipment.
- Frequently requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to work in a loud noise location (e.g. grounds maintenance, heavy traffic).
At the end of the probationary position, an offer of continued employment may be extended contingent on the availability of a position and satisfactory performance in the probationary position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
- Position Type: Full-time
Cabarrus County Schools is among the largest school systems in North Carolina with 42 schools and 33,000 students. We are also one of the largest employers in Cabarrus County - with nearly 3,800 employees.
Our Mission: Empowering students to build their futures
Our Vision: Cabarrus County Schools - inspiring minds, engaging hearts and shaping futures
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @CabCoSchools @CabCoHR #TeachCabCo Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Glenda Jones
- 4401 Old Airport Road
- Concord, North Carolina 28025
- Phone: 704-260-5600
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.