MATH TEACHER - HOUSTON (#1029)
Richard Milburn Academy (learn more)
Houston, Texas (map)
- Job ID: 3648956
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted: October 26, 2021
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Board approved pay scale
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, knowledgeable, and responsible men and women.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Valid teacher certification appropriate for the particular assignment and grade level as required by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other documentation meeting the requirements set forth by our organization and /or regulatory bodies for this position.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Prior experience or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred.
- A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies including parents, students, and staff.
- Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Experience in effectively handling conflict.
- Must possess a sense of humor.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the school’s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence especially as relates to the specific assignment and student grade and subject area appropriateness.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively and in concert with other RMA employees and contractors to advance a seamless, responsive and effective education environment for students.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Meet and instructs assigned students in the locations and at the time designated.
- Plans a program of study using tools provided by RMA that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a blended classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement
- Utilizes positive behavior interventions to support student progress and learning.
- Maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards and establishes clear objectives which reflect these standards for all lessons, units, and projects
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media
- Assesses and documents the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required
- Documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as required
- Meets the needs of special programs students through effective classroom instruction, observations, assessments and inputs to prevailing oversight committees, ARD committees, 504 meetings and LPAC committees
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for educational assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with supervisors, assesses their job performance.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 2
Classroom Teacher > Math: Calculus
Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Classroom Teacher > Math: Geometry
Classroom Teacher > Math: Trigonometry
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard Milburn Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- No experience required
- Human Resources, Human Resources
- n/a, Texas n/a
- Phone: 8305576181
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.