DISTANCE SCIENCE TEACHER - DISTRICT WIDE (#1032)
Richard Milburn Academy (learn more)
- Job ID: 3674682
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted: October 26, 2021
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
District Instructional Coordinator
See Board approved scale
QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Maintains a valid teacher certification which is grade level and subject area appropriate for the particular assignment as required by federal, state or local regulations, laws or regulatory bodies including the No Child Left Behind Act; which includes current state certification, acceptable scores on mandatory tests or other documentation meeting the requirements set forth by our organization and /or regulatory bodies for this position.
- Participation and completion of professional development for online instructors; which includes a six week online course to prepare teachers for distance instruction, assisting with technological and innovative instructional practices
- Ability to multi-task various computer soft-wares at the same time.
- Allowance to be recorded to Canvas and broadcasted to other RMA locations.
- Prior experience or formal training in working with “at-risk” students preferred.
- A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner with a variety of constituencies including parents, students, and staff.
- Ability to effectively educate and manage students from varying backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Experience in effectively handling conflict.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements the school’s mission, philosophy of education and instructional standards and objectives.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, school policy, and administrative regulation.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence especially as relates to the specific assignment and student grade and subject area appropriateness.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
- Establishes and maintains open lines of communication with students, colleagues, and parents concerning both academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Performs such other related tasks and assumes such other related responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the School Director\ Supervisor as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively and in concert with other RMA employees and contractors to advance a seamless, responsive and effective education environment for students.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Provides virtual instruction to students for various campuses.
- Plans a program of study using tools provided by RMA that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Works with Virtual Curriculum Specialist to develop content for classroom instruction that will meet Texas Virtual School Network Approval, as designated by RMA.
- Works with IA (Associate Teacher) to create a blended classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written\ electronic evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior and achievement
- Utilizes positive behavior interventions with to support student progress and learning.
- Maintains order in the classroom (in concert with the IA) a fair and just manner
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum standards and establishes clear objectives which reflect these standards for all lessons, units, and projects
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media
- Assesses and documents accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports\ up-to-date Canvas grading and feedback as required.
- Through communication with IA, documents the learning problems of students and seeks the assistance of specialists as required
- Meets the needs of special programs students through effective classroom instruction, observations, assessments and inputs to prevailing oversight committees, ARD committees, 504 meetings and LPAC committees.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for instructional assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with supervisors, assesses their job performance.
NORMAL WORKING HOURS AND DAYS:
- Monday through Friday, during normal business hours.
GENERAL INFORMATION: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incident to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimal levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with procedures established by the
district on the evaluation of support personnel
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Classroom Teacher > Science: Biology
Classroom Teacher > Science: Chemistry
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Classroom Teacher > Science: Geology
Classroom Teacher > Science: Physics
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard Milburn Academy is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- No experience required
- Human Resources, Human Resources
- n/a, Texas n/a
- Phone: 8305576181
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.