ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (2021-2022) (#1714)
Texans Can! Academies (learn more)
Austin, Texas (map)
- Job ID: 3697192
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Posted: October 12, 2021
THIS JOB POSTING IS PENDING APPROVAL
The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today’s well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Austin campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, please apply.
Ensure efficient operation of campus administrative office and provide clerical services for school’s administrative staff.
High school diploma or GED
- Proficient typing, word processing, and file maintenance skills
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- One to three years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Prepare correspondence, forms, schedules, or reports using personal computer.
- Prepare instructional materials, meeting agendas, honor rolls, graduation lists, and campus communication as requested, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for substitute teachers.
- Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Web Smart- Provide support with Attendance Enrollment and Student records (transcripts and updates)
- Schedule meeting and appointments and maintain calendar for principal.
- PEIIMS reporting – provide support with reports
Reception and Phones
- Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain calendar for principal.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including mailing lists, student records, Teacher Lesson Plan, Teacher trainings, sign in sheets, confidential staff files, and office communication.
- Update handbooks, policy manuals, and other documents as assigned by Corporate.
Accounting and Inventory
- Prepare and process purchase orders Prepare / Process requires to get quote/s from vendor and submit with a purchase requisition then sent to appropriate Dallas Can Corporate department (finance or IT depending on Dallas Can Vendor list instructions), Order Supplies from Online from Staples and Sam’s
- Receive (Physically open boxes, tally invoice, sign/date and make copies for files, call vendor for any shortages/overages or return’s. Documents are submitted to Finance Dept.), store and issue supplies/equipment.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment
- Responsible for maintenance of activity regarding campus petty cash, which includes delivery of deposit transactions to Texans CAN banking account.
- Assist with coordination of faculty meetings and campus activities.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies.
- Act as the Liaison to the Office of Human Resource Services: Benefits and forms. Finance: Payroll- includes clock procedures, Personnel Activity (Time and Effort); obtain Budget, Travel/ Mileage expense, Extra Duty Pay, various credit card reconcilements, Purchase order reconcilements, and Expense Reimbursements. Facility: Order Sanitary supplies for student and staff, update cell phone roster, and coordinate maintenance for Automated Data Processing equipment (ADP).
- Sort, distribute, or deliver mail and other documents.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
TBD by principal: Supervise Office Personnel as determined and outlined by Campus Principal.
Personal computer, scanner, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator and other equipment.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- No experience required
- Natalie Carpenter
- 325 W. 12th St.
- Dallas, Texas 75208
- Phone: (972) 883-5153
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.