SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER &NDASH; DUAL CERTIFIED (2021-2022) (#1731)
Texans Can! Academies (learn more)
Austin, Texas (map)
- Job ID: 3708207
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted: October 26, 2021
- Starting Date: Immediately
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today’s well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a Special Education Teacher – Dual Certified to join our Austin campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, Apply Now!
Develops and provides specialized instruction to meet the unique needs of students with disabilities. Provides specialized support across the continuum of services. Evaluates and assess student progress based upon IEP goals and objectives.
Bachelor's degree, from an accredited college or university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with special education endorsement required; or enrollment in an Alternative Certification Program with Statement of Eligibility for Secondary Special Education
Valid Texas teaching certificate with English or Mathematics endorsement required
Ability to work within a confidential environment and maintain the confidentiality of information, records and materials.
Knowledge of different disabilities and the special needs associated with those
Demonstrate knowledge of academic subject assigned
Knowledge of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) Committee process and the Individual Education Plan (IEP) development and implementation
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage behavior
Strong organizational communication, and interpersonal skills
Minimum of one (l) year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implement models of support in partnership with general education staff to create differentiated learning experiences for special education students
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, and needs of students assigned
- Actively collaborate with the classroom teachers to develop lesson plans and identify specific instructional accommodations or modifications needed for each student
- Monitor the implementation and the effectiveness of the IEP and assist with the Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP) data, goal setting and progress monitoring
- Use technology in the teaching/learning process
Student Growth and Development
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing
- Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop the IEP through the ARD Committee process
- Participate in ARD meetings on regular basis
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district, and school regulations and policies for special education teachers
- Assist with coordinating, administering and documenting state assessments
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of all health services for special education student
- Consult with district and outside resources regarding education, social-emotional, medical, and personal needs of students
- Participate in the transition process in conjuncture with the Campus Transition Coordinator
- Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of Texans Can Academies
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Provide Positive Behavioral Supports (PBS) to students as needed.
- Consult with classroom teachers regarding the management of student behavior according to the IEP.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials appropriate to the learning needs and styles of special education students.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members. Use effective expressive and written communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Attend special education departmental meetings
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills e Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and assist non-ambulatory students. Exposure to biological hazards.
TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- No experience required
- Natalie Carpenter
- 325 W. 12th St.
- Dallas, Texas 75208
- Phone: (972) 883-5153
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.