ACE ACADEMIC TUTOR (PART-TIME) (#1769)
Texans Can! Academies (learn more)
Houston, Texas (map)
- Job ID: 3758668
- Application Deadline: Posted until Filled
- Re-posted: June 16, 2022
- Starting Date: Immediately
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
The future of Texas and the world is in our classrooms. At Texans Can Academies, we are recruiting individuals committed to ensuring that all students are career ready. We know the choices facing today’s well-qualified professionals and we are thrilled that you are considering Texans Can Academies.
We are currently looking for a ACE Academic Tutor (Part-Time) to join our Houston - Southwest campus. If the following opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, Apply Now!
The ACE - Tutor will implement enrichment activities for students enrolled in after school programs. Tutors are expected to assist students in improving their academic performance through enrichment activities.
Tutors conduct classes, workshops and activities that provide specific tutoring instruction to students on topics such as Art, Music, Dance, Information Technology, Physical Fitness, Math, Science, English or Social Studies etc. Classes will provide self-improvement activities and services that create positive social, cultural, recreational and interpersonal skills and experiences for personal and academic enrichment.
Tutoring assistance and activities may also encompass; coaching a sport, transporting students to and from events and online academic guidance and support. The tutoring position is temporary and part-time in nature. Tutors work schedule may vary as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
- High School Diploma and specialized training in enrichment subject area(s) as stated above
- College degree preferred
- Teaching certification is not required; however, expertise in the subject areas above are preferred
- Experience teaching or instructing 9th -12th grade students
- Plans and conducts activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate
- Provide academic enrichment assistance to assigned students, either in a small group or individually, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects; communicates objectives to students
- Instructs and monitors students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injury and damage
- Organizes and supervises enrichment lessons, projects and activities that align with the school’s academic goals and student achievement
- Prepares materials and classroom setting for enrichment activities or projects
- Selects, orders and issues resources and materials for activities and/or projects
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator
- Required to attend scheduled shift during regular business hours as mandated
- Establish liaison with various teachers to determine areas where students need assistance
- Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas
- Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success
- Establish and maintain rapport with the assigned student(s), counselors/advocate, or parent(s)
- Serve as a role model for students being served
Personal computer, typewriter, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
TEXANS CAN ACADEMIES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 2
- No experience required
- Natalie Carpenter
- 325 W. 12th St.
- Dallas, Texas 75208
- Phone: (972) 883-5153
- Email: click here
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.