DALLAS: LIBRARIAN 22-23 - LEDBETTER CAMPUS
Trinity Basin Preparatory
- Job ID: 3910559
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
October 23, 2022
- Starting Date:
To apply for this position and to review the job description, please complete the Trinity Basin Preparatory application at www.trinitybasin.net/careers
Under the supervision of the campus principal, the campus Librarian is responsible for creating a vibrant and welcoming library space that provides services and resources that allow students and staff to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to solve problems (21st century skills).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
• Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communications in order to effectively communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a directly related field with a valid Texas Teacher certificate. Library certification and Master’s degree preferred.
• Two years minimally as a highly qualified teacher; ESL/Bilingual certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of library and information science.
• Demonstrated ability to instruct and manage students in varied environments.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with Accelerated Reading Program and I-Station preferred.
Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trinity Basin Preparatory is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Compensation: $58,000 + commensurate with experience
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Master degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.